502PY Studio Policies
- Our Highlands studio is small and classes can fill up during busy seasons. Our class maximum is 35 and we commit to maintaining integrity around that number to ensure our practitioners have an enjoyable experience.
- Pre-registration for classes is HIGHLY encouraged and is the only way to guarantee a spot in a class. There are several ways you can sign in for classes ahead of time:
- If you pre-register for class, you MUST check in at the studio at least 5 minutes before class start time to guarantee your spot.
- If you are unable to pre-register for classes because of account issues, please email the studio.
If you are on a waiting list for a class, you will receive an email or text notification when a spot opens up for you (you must have email/text notifications turned on; contact the studio if you do not think you have these and would like to turn them on). If you show up to a sold out class and get added to the waiting list, you must remain present in the lobby in order to keep your spot in line.
The studio opens 30 minutes before classes begin.
We ask that students arrive before the posted class start time so as to not be disruptive to other students and to properly integrate and warm their bodies for practice. We also understand that life happens and students might be running late to class so we offer the following policies:
- Sunrise and afternoon/evening classes, which typically have support staff, will be open up to 10 minutes after class start time for late arrivals. After 10 minutes it is too disruptive and unsafe for a student to enter class.
- Mid-day classes, which often do not have support staff, will be closed at the start of class unless there are pre-registered students whom we are expecting. In that case, the door to the studio will remain unlocked up to 5 minutes to allow for students who reserved a spot but have not yet arrived.
If you do not reserve your spot in a class, we will not know to wait for you! And if you do not cancel a class that you cannot attend, we may be saving space for you unnecessarily!
We will announce class cancellations 2 hours before class start time, except for our Sunrise classes (5:45AM and 6:00AM) which will be canceled by 10PM the night before.
Lost & Found
Items left at the studio are tagged with the date every Friday. After 4 weeks, the items will be donated.
Digital Media in the Studio
- Cell phones must be left in the lobby and turned to silent. Physicians on call may bring their cell phones into the studio with them. Other exceptions can be made; let your teacher know if you need to bring your cell phone into the studio with you. No cell phone conversations are allowed in the studio space; please use the lobby or the hallway for your calls.
- Fitbits, Apple Watches, and other wearable devices are great to track your physical activity, but can also be a distraction during your practice. Please set these devices to “Do Not Disturb” while in the practice space.
We recommend that you wear something that you can move and sweat comfortably in, preferably not cotton. Moisture-wicking clothing that fits snug to the body is preferable. For the comfort of the students around you, and due to the nature of some of the postures, we ask that you wear clothes that provide support and coverage where it’s needed. Bottoms must cover the entire bum and come to at least the top of the thigh. Please make sure your clothes are laundered and fresh smelling as a courtesy to the students around you.
- In the Highlands, we have a very small parking lot behind our building which you are welcome to park in. Our neighboring businesses are very protective of their buildings’ parking spots and WILL tow cars, so please park on the neighborhood streets if the lot is full.
- In Jeffersonville, there is a large shared lot for the building and parking is not an issue at all!
Children in the Studio
If you believe your child is mature enough to stay on their mat and fully participate in a class (we’ve seen children as young as 8 do this), please bring them into class with you and let them experience the practice! A parent or guardian will need to sign a waiver on their behalf and be present with them throughout the practice.