Before we get any further…
Are you trained in the Baptiste Methodology?
As a Baptiste Affiliate Yoga Studio, 502 Power Yoga only hires instructors trained in the Baptiste Methodology, either through our local 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, another Affiliate Studio’s Teacher Training, or through Teacher Training done directly with the Baptiste Institute.
You teach JIP? Great. Read on…
A regular teaching position at 502 Power Yoga is highly coveted. The first step in becoming an instructor at 502 Power Yoga is to become a part of the Substitute Teaching Team. Please complete the application below to be considered for the substitute teaching team at 502 Power Yoga. A teaching demo will be held alongside this application for full consideration for placement on the Sub Team. You will be contacted within 7 days after the form is complete regarding your application and your demo date.
Substitute Teaching Team Expectations
- To be committed to the Baptiste Methodology through practicing regularly at 502 Power Yoga
- To participate in Teaching Team Huddles as often as possible
- To continue furthering your education as an instructor through workshops, Teacher Development opportunities, and other continuing education opportunities
Substitute Teaching Team Benefits
- Substitute Teaching Team Instructors are hired as Independent Contractors and are paid a flat rate per class. Please inquire with the Leadership team for more details on pay.
- As a member of the Sub Team, you will receive a Level One Instructor Membership Package which includes:
- 8 classes a month added to your account (classes do not roll over)
- 10% Discount on 502PY Merchandise
- 20% discount on 502PY Workshops and Events
- 1 Guest Pass per Month
Substitute Teaching Team Application Requirements
- 200-Hour Teaching Certificate from a Baptiste Affiliate (see above for details)
- Yoga Alliance Registration
- 20 Hours of Teaching Experience recorded in a Yoga Alliance Account
- A teaching demo in which you demonstrate mastery of teaching the Journey Into Power sequence using True North Alignment and effective point-to-point cues (see below for information on quarterly demos)
- A copy of Yoga Instructor Liability Insurance
- A yoga resume
- Headshot for use on 502PY Webpage and Mindbody
- Yoga instructor bio, one paragraph (4-5 sentences) written in 3rd person (“Joe Yoga has been teaching for 5 years…”)
Quarterly Teaching Demos
Teaching Demos are held quarterly at 502 Power Yoga. The demo looks like:
- 30 Minutes teaching a modified Journey Into Power sequence to members of the 502PY Teaching Team and Leadership Team.
- Receive feedback from the Team Members
- Hear back within 2 weeks about acceptance to the team
Upcoming Teacher Demo Days:
Submit your application for the Teaching Team below at least 1 week prior to the Demo day and our Director of Teachers will get back to you about scheduling your demo.