502PY Studio Policies
- Pre-registration for classes is HIGHLY encouraged and is the only way to guarantee a spot in a class. There are several ways you can sign in for classes ahead of time:
If you do not show up for your reserved spot, then it may be given to a standby student. We will hold your spot for up to 10 minutes.
If you are no longer able to attend your reserved class, please cancel your class reservation as soon as you know you cannot attend to allow the space to be opened for another yogi; at least 2 hours prior to class is requested.
If you are running late for a class, please call us to let us know to expect you: 502-208-1012
If you are unable to pre-register for classes because of account issues, please email the studio.
Mat Holding Fee
We take class reservations seriously and ask that you have integrity around your reservation. Failure to cancel a reservation (also known as a “No Show”) will result in a penalty:
- Class Pack Holders: Your class being deducted from your package as if you had attended the class
- Unlimited Access: Your credit card on file will be charged a $10 Mat Holding fee. The fee will automatically be charged 2 days after your No Show event.
If you show up to a sold out class and get added to the in-studio waiting list, you must remain present in the lobby in order to keep your spot in line.
The studio opens 30 minutes before classes begin.
We ask that students arrive before the posted class start time so as to not be disruptive to other students and to properly integrate and warm their bodies for practice. We also understand that life happens and students might be running late to class so we offer the following policies:
- Sunrise and afternoon/evening classes, which typically have support staff, will be open up to 10 minutes after class start time for late arrivals. After 10 minutes it is too disruptive and unsafe for a student to enter class.
- Mid-day classes, which often do not have support staff, will be closed at the start of class unless there are pre-registered students whom we are expecting. In that case, the door to the studio will remain unlocked up to 5 minutes to allow for students who reserved a spot but have not yet arrived.
If you do not reserve your spot in a class, we will not know to wait for you! And if you do not cancel a class that you cannot attend, we may be saving space for you unnecessarily, and you will be charged a Mat Holding Fee or have a class card deducted (see above)!
Snow & Inclement Weather Policy
If class must be canceled due to inclement weather, we will announce class cancellations 2 hours before class start time, except for our Weekday Sunrise classes (5:45AM and 6:00AM) which will follow JCPS Snow Cancellations.
Lost & Found
Items left at the studio are tagged with the date every Friday. After 4 weeks, the items will be donated.
Digital Media in the Studio
- Cell phones must be left in the lobby and turned to silent. Physicians on call may bring their cell phones into the studio with them. Other exceptions can be made; let your teacher know if you need to bring your cell phone into the studio with you. No cell phone conversations are allowed in the studio space; please use the lobby or the hallway for your calls.
- Fitbits, Apple Watches, and other wearable devices are great to track your physical activity, but can also be a distraction during your practice. Please set these devices to “Do Not Disturb/Theater Mode” while in the practice space so you can be fully present in your practice.
We recommend that you wear something that you can move and sweat comfortably in, preferably not cotton. Moisture-wicking clothing that fits snug to the body is preferable. For the comfort of the students around you, and due to the nature of some of the postures, we ask that you wear clothes that provide support and coverage where it’s needed. Bottoms must cover the entire bum and come to at least the top of the thigh. Please make sure your clothes are laundered and fresh smelling as a courtesy to the students around you.
- In the Highlands, we have a very small parking lot behind our building which you are welcome to park in except the 3 spots reserved for Edward Jones. Our neighboring businesses are very protective of their parking spots and WILL tow cars, so please park on the neighborhood streets if the lot is full.
- In Jeffersonville, there is a large shared lot for the building and parking is not an issue at all!
Children in the Studio
Children who are between the ages of 10 to 17 years old are welcome to practice in our studio classes. A parent or guardian will need to sign a waiver on their behalf.
- Children ages 10–14 must have an adult (18+) present with them during the class.
- Children ages 15–17 may practice in our studio classes unaccompanied by their parent or adult.
If you believe your child is mature enough to stay on their mat, listen to the instructor, refrain from talking during class, and follow directions, please bring them into class with you and share your love of yoga with them! If they love it as much as you, you may be interested in our Family Yoga Membership options.