502 Power Yoga
From Practitioner, to Teacher, to Leader
The 502 Power Yoga Teacher Training Program is uniquely designed to empower you to discover the powerful teacher and leader in YOU. Through work in the three practices of Baptiste Yoga—asana (physical practice), meditation, and inquiry—you will experience breakthroughs in your practice, your leadership, and your life. We will explore the history and philosophy of yoga and how it impacts our modern life, learn alignment and anatomy to ensure safe and effective practices and teaching, discover limiting beliefs that hold you back, and uncover your authentic voice. This 200-hour program requires commitment and will challenge you physically and mentally. You will leave our program prepared to teach, lead, and share your experiences with others.
Promise of the Training
You will leave the training with the tools necessary to effectively teach a powerful vinyasa flow class and have gained invaluable insights into your own life and way of being.
- You will learn about the history and philosophy of yoga and how to apply these practices in our modern world.
- You will discover new opportunities in your asana and meditation practices.
- You will discover your voice as a teacher and how to teach everywhere in your life from your natural self-expression.
- You will leave the training with the tools necessary to effectively teach a powerful vinyasa flow class including alignment, anatomy, biomechanics, breath, and more.
- You will gain invaluable insights into your own life and way of being.
What to expect
This program consists of 6 weekend-long immersions (one per month), 5 weeknight sessions (one per month), plus practice teaching, reading, practicing, and small group work throughout the training.
Your tuition includes six months of unlimited yoga from 502 Power Yoga from October 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022. This includes all regular in-person and virtual classes.
Program Curriculum: Yoga Alliance
|Techniques, Training, and Practice||75 hours|
|Anatomy and Physiology||12 hours|
|Yoga Humanities (Yogic Texts, Yoga and Social Justice, History of Yoga, etc)||24 hours|
|Professional Essentials (Practice teaching, Business of Yoga, Virtual teaching)||45 hours|
|Practicing Yoga Outside of the Training Weekends (at least 2x/week)||40 hours|
|Homework: Reading, Essays, Practice Teaching, etc.||34 hours|
|Total Hours||230 hours|
2021-2022 Training Schedule
100% attendance is required; please reach out to the Director of Teacher Training if there is a conflict.Any essential work missed due to illness or personal reasons must be made up with a member of the Teacher Training Team at the rate of $100/hr.
Weekends (held in-person at the Jeffersonville Studio)
- Friday 9am-8pm
- Saturdays 9am-8pm
- Sundays 9am-5pm
- October 15-17
- November 19-21
- December 17-19
- January 28-30
- February 25-27
- March 18-20
Wednesday Nights (held virtually over Zoom)
- November 3
- December 8
- January 12
- February 9
- March 9
502PY Teacher Training Team
Director of Teacher Training, Certified Baptiste Teacher, E-RYT 200, YACEP
502 Power Yoga Owner, Tier 2 Certified Baptiste Instructor, E-RYT 200, YACEP
TT Assisting Team Lead
Fine print and such
Payment Terms and Conditions
Enrollment is defined as application submitted AND deposit paid through Mindbody.
Deposit is non-refundable; no exceptions.
- Any essential work missed due to illness or personal reasons must be made up with a member of the Teacher Training Team at the rate of $100/hr.
- In the event that you leave the program at any time, your deposit is non-refundable, and your payment obligations are as such:
- During or after Weekend 1: 16% of tuition, less deposit, is due
- During or after Weekend 2: 32% of tuition, less deposit, is due
- During or after Weekend 3: 48% of tuition, less deposit, is due
- During or after Weekend 4: 64% of tuition, less deposit, is due
- During or after Weekend 5: 80% of tuition, less deposit, is due
- Example: If you must cancel your enrollment after Weekend 1, and you enrolled at the Early Bird discounted rate of $3000: Your $300 deposit is nonrefundable, and you are responsible for 16% of the remaining tuition (16% of $2700=$432), therefore your total obligation to 502 Power Yoga would be $732 for the portion of the program that you attended ($300 deposit plus $432 tuition).
- Any changes made to Payment Plan once established by 502 Power Yoga must be provided at least 5 business days prior to the scheduled payment date and will be subject to a $25 Change Fee, per change.
- Full tuition, including makeup hours, must be paid in full to 502 Power Yoga before TT Graduation on February 28, 2022 in order to receive your Teaching Certificate.
We require participants to be at least 16 years of age. Anyone under the age of 18 will need their participation waiver signed by a parent or guardian.