Join our Teaching Team
Are you ready to inspire, empower, and LEAD?
A regular teaching position at 502 Power Yoga is highly coveted and follows a rigid process to ensure that our studio has the highest caliber of instruction. Every instructor on our team is hired as an employee (not a contractor). The steps to join our Teaching Team are as follows:
Step 1: Apply
Complete the application below to be in our pool of candidates for a teaching position.
Step 2: Interview
When a Teaching position is available, our Teaching Team Lead will select qualified candidates for an interview.
Step 3: Try-out
If the Teaching Team Lead believes you are a good fit for our studio culture, we will schedule a real-time teaching demo for members of our teaching team in which we will provide valuable, impactful feedback.
Step 4: Boring Paperwork Stuff
We hire all instructors as employees and require certain documentation before we can put you on our schedule. We request you are prompt and professional in returning all required paperwork.
502 Power Yoga Teacher Expectations
- To be committed to your personal yoga practice by getting on your mat at least 3-5 times per week.
- To be engaged with the 502PY community through attending classes, workshops, and other 502PY events.
- To participate in 502PY Team Meetings as often as possible.
- To continue furthering your education as an instructor through workshops, Teacher Development opportunities, and other continuing education opportunities.
- To teach at least 2 classes per week* plus subbing for other teachers whenever possible.
- To be connected and communicative with your 502py teammates.
- To hold have active liability insurance at all times.
*Team Members usually begin as substitute teachers and take on regular weekly classes as they become available. It could take several months to reach 2 classes/week.
502 Power Yoga Teacher Pay & Benefits
- A fair hourly pay rate based on experience
- “Yoga Tuition Bucks” to use towards fitness classes or continuing education
- Unlimited access to studio classes, virtual classes, and our video on demand library
- 15% Discount on 502PY Merchandise
- Discounted Member Pricing on 502PY Workshops and Events
- One free guest pass per month
- Early class booking privileges