Do yoga. Feel good.
See if the vibe at 502PY is a fit for you.
I’m New To Yoga!
Where do I begin?
This time of year, most of the emails, phone calls, and conversations behind the desk start with,
“I’m new to yoga. Where do I begin?”
It’s simple: Just show up
All of our classes at 502 Power Yoga are designed for all levels, but the thing that will make your first visit to a yoga studio easy is our welcoming staff, judgment-free practice space, and friendly community!
We hear over and over again from our clients is that the best part of our yoga studio is the community that exists. This isn’t just a place to go get a workout–this is a place to connect with like-minded individuals who are looking for something more.
Try our New Student Introductory Package to see what it’s all about.
What should I expect?
- A warm welcome. Someone will be at the front desk (or nearby!) to welcome you.
- If you haven’t registered online, there will be a tablet at the desk for you to register. Please arrive 10 minutes early if you need to get registered.
- A lobby space for stuff. Place your belongings in the cubby holes. Leave your shoes in the lobby under the benches or in cubbies.
- A bright and friendly yoga studio. Make your way into the studio and lay your mat down. Grab a strap and a block and make yourself comfortable. Introduce yourself to your neighbor.
- Each class will begin and end with one or three Oms.
- A locked door…If you are late. We do not allow entry to the lobby or studio after class has begun. Please have integrity and be respectful of your fellow students by arriving punctually.
- Heat. The studio will be heated between 87-90º .
- …which in turn leads to bring a bottle of water and, if you need a towel, you can rent one from the front desk for $1.
- Assisting Consent Cards A lot of classes have assistants, and they and/or the teachers will come by to help you find your fullest expression of a pose. If you do not want to be touched, let the teacher know ahead of time.
- Applause. Because you deserve to be recognized for the hard work you put in
- In the Highlands, a small parking lot behind the studio. This lot fills quickly (it’s off the alley that runs between Douglass and Harvard) so save yourself some time by parking on neighborhood streets and walking a block or two.
Looking for more info?
I’ve been to a lot of great yoga studios and gyms in the Louisville area but none compare to 502 Power Yoga. It truly feels like home. Within the first few times, I attended class there, Kelly at the front desk had learned my name and greeted me like an old friend. Everyone, there is friendly and welcoming making it truly feel like a community rather than just a place to work out. The classes are challenging but all the teachers are very knowledgeable and offer modifications so it’s accessible to anyone. They also offer a lot of workshops, challenges, and other fun events too. The work they do with Kentucky Yoga Initiative and bringing yoga to the community is inspiring. I would recommend 502 Power Yoga to anyone!
The only thing I would change about 502 Yoga is that I wish I would’ve started going sooner!! This place is so welcoming with friendly instructors, a warm (both literally and figuratively 🙂 environment, and in such a great location.
I’ve been doing yoga for decades but, during COVID my home practice quickly went from 45 min to 30min to 15 to 10min, until finally, it was down to just a sad couple of downward dogs😂 I am so happy to regain my practice while making new friends at this fantastic studio which also happens to draw a variety of clientele, from beginners to advanced, and ALL super friendly! I always leave smiling, laughing, and ready for whatever the day has to bring! Thank you 502 Yoga!!!
I have LOVED my experience with 502 Power Yoga. From morning YOD to vinyasa flow, the classes have been both challenging and beneficial to my practice. The team at 502 is so welcoming and friendly, I felt like I had been a member for years after my first week. The encouraging atmosphere and friendly faces will keep me coming back time and time again!
I enjoy knowledgeable, encouraging, upbeat instructors that keep the classes flowing. The sense of community within each class is uplifting. I appreciate the work on breath, balance, and flexibility. I’ve traveled quite a bit and visited studios in several other locales, and find that 502 Power Yoga is unique in many ways, including our flexible floor and the variety of classes offered daily. I LOVE 502 Power Yoga!
There are so many things I like about this studio… the first is the people. The welcoming m, supportive, motivating, loving people who are there. Not just the instructiors, but the other people in the classes who support each other and really connect to build a community. The studio is a beautiful place, always inviting, clean, and easy to navigate. The classes are challenging, but I always know to meet myself where I am and do my best. No judgment or whatever. This is just a great place to focus on myself and it helps me feel good on so many levels.
New Student FAQ
What makes it “Power” Yoga?
I’m brand new to yoga. Where should I begin?
How much does it cost?
After that, we offer a variety of [membership tiers and class packages] to fit every budget and commitment level.
How do I sign up for classes?
What do I need to bring/wear?
A good attitude, sense of humor, and a willingness to get a little messy! Oh, and a yoga mat, towel, and bottle of water. Don’t have any yoga equipment yet? No worries—we have mat and towel rentals available in the studio.
What if I can’t attend a class I signed up for?
What classes are for beginners?
How many classes do I need to take before I can step into a regular class?
Where do I need to put my mat?
We have no requirements on mat placement, but new students have told us they like to watch others practicing to see how to do the poses (the instructor does not practice). The middle of the room is ideal to be able to see someone no matter what direction you’re facing, but new students tend to prefer the back!