Let the expansion begin!
As some of you have heard, we are expanding the Highlands studio to accommodate more yogis and create more space for practitioners. And finally, construction is scheduled to begin on MONDAY (11/5/18)!
The Expansion Plan:
- The wall between the current lobby and the studio space, and the two closets in the studio space, are being torn down. The studio will run from the front of the building all the way to the back of the building—more room for practicing!
- The space across the hall from the studio at the top of the stairs (formerly referred to as “The Annex and used only by staff) will be the new lobby space–more room for cubbies, retail, and lounging!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Effect on Class Schedule: A temporary wall will divide the studio space so construction can occur without affecting the practice area. Most classes will be unaffected, however:
- The 9AM and 11AM classes this Monday, November 5, are canceled for Demo and setting up the temporary wall.
- We might need to cancel some more classes in the future: At some point, something is bound to happen that will affect our ability to have classes.
- We will always update the Mindbody Schedule and send an alert on the 502PY App (iOS, Android) when classes are canceled, and we will try to do it as far in advance as possible.
- Classes will be smaller during construction: We will lose the last 2 rows during construction. The “capacity” numbers in Mindbody will reflect this. Always reserve your spot if you want to ensure you have a spot for your mat!
- Lobby & Check-in will be in our New Lobby: Please stop into the Lobby before class to check-in and stash your belongings, then proceed across the hall to the studio for class!
- We will be using the “other” door going forward to access the studio: The original door to the lobby from the hallway will no longer be accessible.
- Parking impact: Worker’s trucks will be in the lot so there will be fewer spots available during construction. Remember to park in neighboring streets and always respect the neighboring businesses’ reserved spots!
- Classes might be noisy: The temporary wall will not stop noise from penetrating. This will be the perfect opportunity for all of us to practice equanimity (non-reactivity).
- Jeffersonville is totally unaffected. Please go practice in Jeffersonville if the idea of a smaller space and noisy construction is not appealing to you!
- Timeline: As you all know, it’s hard to predict how long these things will take. Our goal is to be done by Thanksgiving!
Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this exciting time of transition and expansion!
Cat Scott, owner